Our task was to redesign Lech. The new design’s objective was to communicate the brand’s image qualities, i.e. being modern, premium, refreshing, invigorating, optimistic, confident, inspiring.
The new communication platform based on the character of Leszek Chmielewski has been in use since 2015. The brand hero reflects the brand’s values – it is refreshing with a new perspective and a positive attitude. The campaign has been well received by the consumers and is found to be effective.
The existing design of the product has remained unchanged since 2011. As a result it needed a touch of refreshing novelty to fit into the communication platform and incorporate the present trends in packaging design.
Our task was to design new packagings for the whole of the Lech Premium range, including bottles, cans and multipacks. The new design’s objective was to communicate the brand’s image qualities, i.e. being modern, premium, refreshing, invigorating, optimistic, confident, inspiring. We were keen to evolve while maintaining the brand’s image capital, in particular the colours and the brand’s image fixed elements having the biggest impact on brand awareness (the tab with its vertical lettering of LECH).
While working on the project we employed the following graphics measures:
- livened up the colours, changed the saturation (lighter inside the tab, especially) and texture (from dots to horizontal stripes) – it results in refreshing energetic green,
- moved the city of Poznań emblem featuring goats onto the bottle neck label, which provided optical enlargement of the tab – it boosted the package appeal and shelf visibility,
- simplified the brand’s logotype by removing the shading and visual concaves as well as by changing the lettering to newer and simpler - it resulted in achieving expressiveness (confidence) and raising the brand’s quality perceived by consumers (premium),
- restyled and upgraded the icon with the goats,
- the new form of informing of the temperature ideal for drinking: the lower “thermo ink” corresponds with the upper silver complement of the tab – it resulted in boosting the impression of cooling and refreshing qualities.